Monday, March 23, 2009

The wit of...

So mainstream media has caught onto "social networking" site Twitter, and everyone from Barbara Walters to Kerri-Anne Kennerly is happily filling airtime with talk of the "craze".

Critics will tell you that it’s boring, pointless, voyeuristic or just narcissistic.

In truth it is perhaps a bit of all of these. But stick with it long enough – a day or so – and reading about other people doing inane day-to-day things, in handy 140 characters or less bursts, proves to become compulsive reading.

As Carolyn has mentioned before, we're obsessed.

Today I share with you some tweets from some of my favourite celebrity Tweeters. Demi and Ashton might be the most famous Tweeters around, but trust me when I tell you they are boring, boring people. John Mayer is less boring, but forgets to mention his love life.


Dave Hughes

Dave is quite possibly the funniest man in Australia, and my bestest Twitter friend.


watching biggest loser and wondering if backboobs will be the next big thing? Hot as.
7:29 PM Mar 15th from web


Dog vomitted on the carpet in the bedroom and I can't be bothered cleaning it up. Can I pretend I haven't seen it? It's only a little one.
6:37 PM Mar 19th from web


I did a Zoot review ad today with georgie parker for Samboy chips. Yes Samboy is back and the flavour really hits you. The twinpack rocks.
about 3 hours ago from web


Diddy

The most infamous of all tweets is the following by hip-hop impresario Diddy:


For all those just tuning in. I'm 6 and half hrs in on a 36 hour tantric sex session. Welcome

23 days ago


Tweeters everywhere are dropping him like a hotcake due to the fact that he fills their pages with with regular, round-the-clock messages of this quality:


i promise yall im not drunk... but i wanna tell yall something.... I LOVE YALL!!! LOL LOL!!!! LETS GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

6:48 PM Mar 21st from web


Russell Brand

Russell has never been afraid of sharing. And now we know he loves Kate Ritchie - and the Home and Away theme song.


Off to Sydney now. I'm doing Aussie radio first with Sally from home and away, Cor! "I'm walkin on air" Is it obvious that I feel randy?
7:52 AM Mar 16th from web


The lyrics to the Home and Away theme confuse - "I've never felt such emotion"? This could be applied to any emotion, each feeling is unique.

8:00 AM Mar 16th from web


And when he posted the following, I didn’t realise it was actually true:

@janeyjojo I remain for a further week, worshipping your culture. I am literally on
Sydney harbor, saluting your achievements. Nude.

9:34 AM Mar 18th from web in reply to janeyjojo


Dina Lohan

Dina, mother of Lindsay, not only lives vicariously through her daughter, she also spends her days on the internet defending herself against "haters". But most entertainingly, she still doesn’t understand that there is a 140 character limit on tweets and thinks she is being censored. HA!

while parenting GOD DOES THIS THING ALWAYS MALFUNCTION, I AM a good mother sure i make mistakes but who doesnt maybe everyone should look wi

8:48 AM Mar 19th from web


you know what whoever runs this site needs a reality check not only do i have to deal with the censorship but now i keep getting error messa

8:42 AM Mar 20th from web


ALso another thing I dont appreciate is the time limit to make a message why should I only have a certain amt of time when so much is at sta

8:49 AM Mar 20th from web


see it happened AGAIN did everyone see that? i have spent so much time typing heartfelt messages and it lets me when i post it they are shor

12:41 PM Mar 21st from web


I could seriously read her crazy all day!


Mark Hoppus

Mark Hoppus, of the newly reformed Blink 182, used Twitter to reveal the band would be unveiling themselves at the MTV Australia Awards. Now he’s in Sydney and giving stalkers handy directions on where to find him.

Currently devouring this #40 yaki soba at wagamama. So good.

about 8 hours ago from txt


Hot, Jetlagged, and Touristy in Sydney.
2:28 PM Mar 22nd from web

Mark's Tweetpic from the Martin Place fountain (as made famous in The Matrix and Superman Returns)


Spencer Pratt

Anyone who has ever seen The Hills knows Spencer is a tool. But did you know … ?


my new focus in life is working on my "touch"

9:26 AM Mar 22nd from web


my nasal passage has never felt so clear!!! wow i highly recommend using a Neti Pot! Heidi loves it now also!

about 9 hours ago from web


Rob Corddry

Rob is best known for his work on The Daily Show and … that Las Vegas movie with Ashton Kutcher and Cameron Diaz. His tweets have me crying with laughter.


My two year old calls glue "gool". What a fucking ASShole!
2:28 AM Mar 21st from TweetDeck


Yup. That was human poop at the end of my driveway. Yay.
7:09 AM Mar 21st from Tweetie


I still think Cocoon is the best Don Ameche movie about old people who are physically rejuvenated by alien cocoons.
12:06 PM Mar 22nd from TweetDeck


Yes, Wild Hogs was also about oldies finding new life via an alien (Travolta). With Ray Liota in the Don Ameche role. Thnx @gmsemple.
1:31 PM Mar 22nd from TweetDeck


Yoko Ono

The ’60s were 100 years ago (approx), but even a tech-savvy Yoko is still … Yoko.


I was never able to get hold of my mother without touching her manicure and fur.
about 17 hours ago from web


The air smells wise and tender. It surrounds me without giving me any pressure - like a kind friend. It makes me feel innocent again.
3:00 AM Mar 22nd from web


Scott Keenan

I definitely didn’t forget it was my turn to blog o’clock

No comments:

Post a Comment