Thursday, May 21, 2009

TV Talk: Cleveland and CougarTown are coming, your first look at the new Melrose Place

Your guide to what’s new on telly

The Cleveland Show

When it comes to humour, I can be quite juvenile. And so Family Guy is right up my alley. I am therefore delighted that the show has been spun-off into The Cleveland Show, following Peter Griffin’s best friend Cleveland Brown as he remarries and moves to a new town and such. This means he won’t be on Family Guy any more. HUH? He’s only a cartoon; surely he can manage the time. Anyway, even though the show hasn’t aired in the US yet, Fox have already commissioned a second series. After all, if it doesn’t rate it is still likely to sell a shed load on DVD.

Cougar Town

Back in the olden days, before Scrubs got renewed for an entirely unnecessary ninth season, Scrubs creator Bill Lawrence had announced he was running away to head up his new show Cougar Town.

Starring Courteney Cox, the show is about an older woman who has sex with younger men. Or something. I like Courteney a lot, but I do wish the comedy wasn’t so, well, Scrubsy.

Anyway, have a look and see what you think...

Melrose Place

I have already said how excited/apprehensive I was about the new Melrose Place. Well, today I have had my first look (and you can too, after I stop banging on about it) and I am just as excited/apprehensive.

To call some of the acting wooden and dialogue stilted would be, well, entirely accurate. The building looks similar, but now has a fancy water feature. Oh, and there’s a dead body by the pool – so not much has changed there.

So click away for your first look at Laura Leighton, back from the dead as a no longer redheaded Sydney, Ashlee Simpson-Wentz as a now redhead and, most excitingly, Thomas Calabro!

Lucas as Boyle

Before Susan Boyle (finally) takes to the Britain’s Got Talent stage and either takes out the whole thing or is rather bad and becomes a footnote in youtube history, Heat magazine decided to have Little Britain star Matt Lucas dress up as the formerly bushy-browed Scottish chanteuse. Matt has always been a bit of a chameleon … but it must be said he has outdone himself on this one. Not even Susan herself looks like this any more!


















Matt Lucas

Susan Boyle
Scott Keenan
Pretend I posted this yesterday o'clock

No comments:

Post a Comment