Thursday, July 9, 2009

Blanket Jackson’s Michael Jackson doll

Doll domination
The littlest Jackson remembers

I certainly don’t want to make light of a young child’s grief. I am sure a psychologist has probably talked to the family about this. I’m sure it’s actually a healthy thing.
But I couldn't help noticing that 7-year-old Blanket Jackson took a doll of his late dad, Michael Jackson, to the pop star’s memorial service.
Little Blanket, centre, with his MJ doll. Behind him are siblings Paris and Prince, with aunty La Toya in a giant hat on the left and High School Musical director Kenny Ortega behind.
I recognise it because I have the exact same Michael Jackson doll. Although I will note that mine is in mint condition, still in the box, and hasn’t had his shirt ripped off like Blanket’s has.
Also note it is a doll from the paler HIStory tour days and not one of the awesome "Beat It" era dolls.
Anyway, not many kids have a doll of their dad so it’s not really something a lot of kids are going to be able to do, I'm not sure it will turn into a new child psychology craze or anything (Heaven forbid anything happens to Harrison Ford or Will Smith any time soon).

Scott Keenan

They won't go when I go o'clock

No comments:

Post a Comment