Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Jennifer Love Hewitt begs for Twilight role

Jennifer Loves Robert Pattinson
And she loves to shareI love Jennifer Love Hewitt. I really, really do.
I love her shows (well, before Ghost Whisperer) and movies (Um, sort of) and her music (actually, I really like her music. Post Japanese kiddy pop that is).
But the thing I like most about her is her complete lack of shame. She will say anything, and the fact that it sounds a little on the desperate and/or crazy side doesn’t worry her one tiny bit.
And so it was when she turned up to Comic-Con and found out she had missed meeting the cast of Twilight.
“I wanted to see them so badly, but they were here before I got here, so I was bummed that I missed them,” she (almost) sobbed. “But I’m hoping that some of the True Blood people are still here so that I can see them, 'cause obviously I have a vampire thing.”
Run Ryan Kwanten, RUN!
Maybe JLH can have some vamps written into Ghost Whisperer? Camryn Manheim would make an awesome vampire.
But Love hadn’t finished with her outbursts, no that would be too easy. Next she decided it was a great idea to publicly beg for a role in the next Twilight film:
“I want a part so bad. Any part’s fine,” she titters. “I will be the vampire who carries Robert Pattinson’s luggage in the airport, that is the part that I will play if they need it.”
Her enthusiasm is endearing, no?
But let’s be honest, she has an agent to do this sort of thing for her. And she’s kind of successful. She stars in a hit show (whether we like it or not), which she also produces. At the age of 20 she was also the youngest ever producer of a TV show when she starred in the short-lived Time Of Your Life. She has had aforementioned TV, film and music success. Sure, she’s not partying like it’s 1999 when she was one of the world’s biggest teen stars, but she’s still – surely – above begging for roles in the media.
Robert Pattinson, on the other hand, has starred in one solitary hit movie. Yes, he has at least another three up his sleeve, but in the scheme of things, he should really be carrying his own bags.
I see dead people... but I'd rather see undead people.
Oh, did I act like J-Love had stopped blabbing about how much she loves Robert Pattinson? My bad.
“I’d pass out,” blabs Jen at the mere thought of meeting Rob. “I can’t talk about it, ‘cause I’d pass out. It’s because he’s Edward. Listen, Edward can fly you through the forest. He’s like Aladdin with vampire teeth – there’s magic-carpet rides. He can sing. He can watch you sleep. He plays music. He sniffs your neck. I mean, please!”
He can watch you sleep?
You mean, like a boogie man?
He sniffs your neck?
Is anybody writing this stuff down?
Oh, she’s not done.
“Who’s not Team Edward?” she asks. “There is not a girl in the world who’s not Team Edward! Have you met girls who are not Team Edward? Well, they are not girls! They’re aliens from another planet who should not be allowed to exist.”
No, I’m not a girl. And I’m totally Team The Werewolf One.
Oh J-Love, will you ever learn?
I sort of hope not.

Scott Keenan
I’m barenaked and I know life’s what you make it o’clock

No comments:

Post a Comment