Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Mariah Carey does Eminem

Dragging up the past
Mariah dresses up as, and dresses down, Eminem
Good ol' Mariah Carey.
Yes that's her.
Looking a little bit like Eminem in her new video, "Obsessed".
Back in the olden days, like 2001 or something, Maz actually dated the rapper. But things soon went sour, Maz had a break down, and Em ridiculed her in his song "Superman" and on his Anger Management Tour when he played an "alleged" voice mail recording of MC saying, "I heard you were getting back with your ex-wife. Why won’t you see me? Why won’t you call me? You’re not calling me" before launching into his song "Puke".
Oh dear.
It seemed the fued was over until this year when Eminem, on the comeback trail and always a fan of controversy, decided to rap about her in "Bagpipes From Baghdad" on his new album Relapse.
Maz, now married to America's Got Talent host Nick Cannon, was less than thrilled.

Mariah whatever happened to us
Why did we ever have to break-up?
Nick Cannon you better back the f**k up
I'm not playing I want her back you punk

Mariah's "Obsessed" is a not-very-subtle dig at the rapper, who she suggests is obsessed with her (which doesn't actually seem untrue).
Plenty picked up on the subject of the song with the lyrics:

Ooh boy why you so obsessed with me?

Boy I want to know lyin’ that you’re sexin me
When everybody knows it’s clear that you’re upset with me
Oh finally found a girl that you couldn’t impress
Last man on the earth still couldn’t get this

She also makes sly reference to his drug use ("It must be the weed, it must be the e") and short stature ("Got you all fired up with your Napoleon complex")
Zing!
You didn't think she'd hide her boobs the whole video, did you?
But now Maz has all but confirmed who the song is about by dressing up as a "male rapper" in her video.
Oh, unless you ask her.
"It was weird but I wasn't playing anyone in particular," she insists. "We were actually inspired by the King of Comedy starring Jerry Lewis and Robert DeNiro. I was just your regular everyday stalker with a few touches of Mean Girls."
Uh-huh.
Your turn Mr Mathers.

Scott Keenan
It's time for more Wild Cherry Pepsi o'clock

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, I can't get past Mimi DATED EMINEM?? How did I miss this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bizarre, huh?
    They were very quiet about it - I don't think there was a single photo of them together, but the NY Post or someone reported it - right up until they broke up and then they wanted everyone to know.
    Scott

    ReplyDelete