Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Kathy Griffin takes Levi Johnston to the Teen Choice Awards

Kathy makes teen choice
Sarah Palin less thrilled

The ‘Brain – or at least the portion of The ‘Brain currently typing – loves a bit of Kathy Griffin. In fact, I was once filmed by the My Life On The D-List crew and they never used me on the show. Can you believe it? Yes, I can too.

The same said person also got rather a large chuckle when Kathy turned up at the Teen Choice Awards with 19-year-old Levi Johnston – baby daddy to Tripp, son of Bristol Palin, who, in turn, is the daughter of failed US Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin.

As if the hilarity of the unlikely pairing on the red carpet wasn’t enough, Kathy had Levi on as a guest when she filled in as host on Larry King Live on CNN.

It was car crash hilarious as Kathy made inappropriate comments and Levi did... whatever it is Levi does. I especially loved his critique of Miley Cyrus’s pole dancing Teen Choice Awards performance: “inappropriate”.

I’d like to say Levi is a good sport, but I’m not entirely convinced that he’s in on the joke. And while I understand relations with the Palins are not exactly at an all-time high, I don’t think this is helping matters – and mate, you’re going to have to be dealing with them for quite some time yet.

It might be 10 minutes, but it sure gave me a good laugh.

While we're back on the subject, check out a clearer version of Miley's skanktastic (sorry Miles) pole dancing performance of "Party In The USA". Guffaw as she kicks off the song by coming out of a trailer (for realz ya'll!), delight at the fact she has changed the "Jay-Z" lyric to "Michael" ("MJ" would have clearly been a better fit) and marvel at the "I'm A Slave 4 U" dancing when she name drops Britney.

Scott Keenan
I'm so E list o'clock

1 comment: