Thursday, June 11, 2009

The best site on the internet!



Garfield minus Garfield


Several days/months/years ago, my The 'Brain cohort SK alerted me (via this very blog) to this hilarious site that removes cartoon cat Garfield from his very own comic. In their words: Garfield Minus Garfield is a site dedicated to removing Garfield from the Garfield comic strips in order to reveal the existential angst of a certain young Mr. Jon Arbuckle. It is a journey deep into the mind of an isolated young everyman as he fights a losing battle against loneliness and depression in a quiet American suburb.

And thank goodness they do cos it's HILARIOUS. Here is today's example for your viewing pleasure:
Like what you see? Check out more at http://garfieldminusgarfield.net/page/1 or you can buy the book at Barnes & Noble or Amazon.com (I don't work for them, I promise... I just LOVE it). I certainly agree with SK that this site has (virtually) changed my life. I also confess that I laugh out loud at it more than would be considered normal. I consider that a good thing. Whatever you do, don't forget to check back every day to see what Jon is up to - or, let's face it, NOT up to - next!

--
Carolyn Stewart
Today was not good for several reasons but Garfield minus Garfield always makes it better o'clock, June 11, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment