Friday, June 5, 2009

Update O’Clock part one: Melissa Joan Hart is an idiot

Melissa Joan Hate
The 33-year-old Witch
Further to Carolyn’s disturbing story that exposed People Magazine’s shock decision to put ol’ wonk eye on the cover of their esteemed rag comes dirt via Page Six that Melissa Joan Hart had an out-loud panic that terminally ill ’70s icon Farrah Fawcet might go and die and have her bumped from the front page.
“The former ‘Sabrina the Teenage Witch’ star was overheard off-camera at KTLA in Los Angeles on Friday saying how she'd been hoping last week that cancer-stricken Farrah Fawcett wouldn't die - and thus bump Hart off the cover of People magazine,” ran the NY Post’s story.
Well, not one to let a moment of publicity pass her by, a “crushed” Melissa rushed to her MySpace blog (my God, even her choice of social interwebbing is five years out of date) to announce it was all a big mistake!
“It has come to my attention that something I said has been completely misconstrued in the press,” she blubs. “I was merely explaining what I had read about how the cover of People magazine was chosen from an article last week I read in the Times. I truly hope that Farrah and her family know I wish them the best at this time in her life. And that I would never be so selfish to disrespect anyone, let alone someone I admire greatly.”
"I hear nothing... I see nothing ... on that side..."
So, um, is that the lamest, least convincing excuse you have ever heard, or is it just us?
Explain it ALL Clarissa!
You know, any sensible celeb would have denied the whole thing (if they were stupid to say such a thing in the first place), “I can’t believe the lies tabloids tell – they don’t care who they hurt! etc.”
But then sensible celebs probably also don’t hide bottles of vodka amongst their collection of Shirley Temple memorabilia either.

Scott Keenan
On the good ship lollypop O’clock

1 comment:

  1. Hang on, I is confused: is Melissa Joan Hart the same person as LeAnn Rimes?

    ReplyDelete