Tuesday, June 23, 2009

PIC! Cameron Diaz scores Walk of Fame star



A perfectly-timed star...


Cameron Diaz, who I adore and wish was my best friend, today unveiled her name emblazoned in brass across a pink star on the Walk of Fame on Hollywood Boulevard. She is the 2386th star to score, well, a star. Sure, managers buy the stars for their clients so it's really a publicity exercise but let's just pretend it's an honour, OK? Could it be deliberately timed to fit the release of her film My Sister's Keeper this Friday in the US? Mmmm, yep.

Anyway, I think she's great and everything but sometimes I just don't know what the hell she's saying. At the ceremony, this is what she had to say for herself...

* "It will be cool to be under people’s feet. It really is the place where people can understand exactly that actors are not really stars - they don’t exist in the sky, they exist on the ground just like everybody else.”

* "The camaraderie, the collaboration, the relationships are what I do this for. I've always been aware that I'm a person blessed with good fortune, mostly with the people in my life. When people talk about a big star, what they may not realise is that no star stands alone. It is only one of many that exists in a universe. I come from a bright, beautiful universe of blaring stars."

Ohhhhh... what are you talking about??? What a day to pick to turn faux-philosopher and crazeeeeeeeee!

Anyway, back to work with you, CD. When's Charlie's Angels 3 out?

--
Carolyn Stewart

I wanna go work for Oprah Winfrey please o'clock, June 23, 2009


No comments:

Post a Comment