Tuesday, June 9, 2009

REVIEW The Hangover

Movie review: The Hangover


What is it? Freaking awesome.

Who's in it? Bradley Cooper of Alias/Wedding Crashers/general hotness fame, Ed Helms of the awesome The Office (US), some other dudes and Heather Graham.

When should I see it? Yesterday.

What happens? They go to Vegas and have an almighty bender two days before one of them is set to get married. They wake up amid a destroyed hotel room, a chicken, a baby and Mike Tyson's pet tiger. How did it all happen? They have NO idea but they're sure as hell going to spend the rest of the movie finding out. It must be noted that all fun movies go to Vegas like Swingers and, erm, Oceans 11.

Best line?
There's an array. At the moment I'm choosing between two of Alan's (Zach Galifianakis) lines: "Tigers love pepper. They hate cinnamon" and "Next week's no good for me. The Jonas Brothers are in town." Oh, oh and I just remembered there was also Alan's (again!) whole spiel in a letter he prepared earlier containing the hilarity of, “As you may know, I consider myself to be a bit of a loner. Like a one man wolf pack...

Why I hope Bradley Cooper becomes a massive, massive star after this: He's hot. He's always been hot. He's also funny and smart. In reality. "We did a lot of research for years," he says of night that goes horrifically wrong in the movie. "We're in litigation with Warner Bros to be paid retroactively." Sigh. Do we see Zac Efron walking around using words like that? I think not.

See it? We really have nothing to talk about until you do.

--
Carolyn Stewart

Tigers like pepper o'clock, June 9, 2009



2 comments:

  1. I second all of the above - but will add my disappointment in Victor Garber's absence from the cast.

    ReplyDelete