Thursday, September 24, 2009

Mutya Buena wants to reform original Sugababes

Sourgirls are GO!

(Deal with it Siobhán)

Following the dumping of Keisha Buchanan, the lone founding member of the Sugababes, original 'babe Mutya Buena has announced on UK morning television that getting the original line-up back together would be “amazing”.


Personally, I just don't think the Sugababes is the Sugababes anymore,” she told GMTV. “I mean, it would be different if Keisha had stayed in it and someone else had gone - then it would be the Sugababes. But wow, I suppose now there's no original Sugababes so we should just all reform again.

YES, yes they should!


Mutya left the group in 2005 after the birth of her daughter. While she recorded a well-received solo album and a duet with George Michael, she seems to be more than comfortable with the idea of being a ‘babe - along with Keisha and Siobhán Donaghy - again.


Well you know, we're all grown up,” she chirruped. “I haven't been with the Sugababes for so long, and you know, I've had my years of growing up and learning about what I want in life and getting to look after my daughter. So hooking up with the rest of the girls – I think that could be an amazing idea, definitely.


The Sourgirls, ahem, Sugababes' debut album One Touch. Cheery lot, weren't they?


And of Keisha’s shabby treatment (ie: being dumped by management for new member Jade Ewen) Mutya said: “I'm actually quite disappointed. Obviously the brand name of Sugababes will always carry on. But to say like there's no original in the Sugababes, it just kind of puts it down a bit.


(A report today, thanks “source”, says Keisha gave management a “me or Amelle” ultimatum, which failed to say the least)


So, when can we expect the Sourgirls album?


Scott Keenan

I know the train's destination o'clock

No comments:

Post a Comment