Monday, April 6, 2009

Does anybody else remember ... ?
Jonathan Lipnicki EditionI hated Jerry Maguire. I have often said it is the worst movie of all time (this is a much bigger issue for another day), but the one thing I did love about that overly long mess was Jonathan Lipnicki. You know, the tiny little nerdy kid who played Renée Zellweger’s son Ray and out-acted Tom Cruise in every scene they shared.
I went from bored to angry and then suddenly delighted whenever he appeared, sharing his amazing four-year-old insights.

Remember these amazing quotes?
“Do you know that the human head weighs eight pounds?”
“Do you know that bees and dogs can smell fear?”
“Do you know that my next door neighbour has three rabbits?”, and
“You said fuck.”
GOLD!
You can relive some Jerry now, but be warned, this scene features an Operating Thetan.

He followed up Jerry with films like Stuart Little and its sequel, Like Mike and (my personal favourite) The Little Vampire. He even made a notable guest appearance on Dawson’s Creek and was in Bronson Pinchot’s Mork & Mindy rip-off Meego.

But where is he now?

Well Jonathan, now 18, looks a little different to back in the day …
…the glasses (and, err, shirt) are gone … wonder about the speech impediment?

While Jonathan hasn’t starred in a main stream flick in years, his website claims to be “coming soon”, and imdb says the flick Queen Kong is awaiting release. Can’t wait for that one.
He also stars in the new online series Brohan, which you must watch now!
While you're youtubing, you can also see him competing in a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu bout. No, really!

Come back Jonathan! You might be all scary big and old now, but there has never been a better time for a sequel to The Little Vampire!

Is that Irony?
Ringo Starr and Paul McCartney (they were in some '60s band) reunited on stage at Radio City Music Hall in New York for a charity which promotes transcendental meditation to school children.
Seriously.
Anyway, the pair teamed up for Ringo to sing “With A Little Help From My Friends”. I was delighted that he sang the line “I will try not to sing out of keycompletely out of key.
Life is magic.

Scott Keenan
Daylight saving is over all is right with the world o'clock

3 comments:

  1. Scott, how have we never bonded over our 'Jerry Maguire is THE worst movie in the history of cinema' views? Do you share my general Cameron Crowe disdain or is it this movie in particular?

    You've restored my faith in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to say I like him ... but this is a lie. In fact, I like Fast Times At Ridgemont High (which he only wrote) and pretend that one day he may be able to hit the same heights. He never has. In any case, he should NEVER EVER work with Tom Cruise. I may have seen Vanilla Sky for free, but I also wanted my money back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hush your mouths, heathens! You can diss Cameron Crowe on someone else's half-blog ploise.
    CS

    PS: Vanilla Sky did suck though. Agree. But I blame that on the fact that Penelope Cruz is a moth with hair.

    ReplyDelete