Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Shia LaBeouf was always a geek


SHIA LABEOUF'S

HIGH-LARIOUS YEARBOOK PHOTO

"And you thought the funniest thing about me was my name..."

I know it's hard to believe but it's quite possible that Indiana Jones 4 star Shia LaBeouf was once even nerdier than he is today. GASP! Thanks to the unearthing of his 1999 yearbook photo, it's hard see past his then-13-year-old self's unabashed enthusiasm and boundless glee. Well, that's unless you actually do look past that crap... and then it's pretty clear that he would have been not only teased mercilessly at school, but also beaten within an inch of his life. Sniffle. Poor The LaBeouf! With that in mind, I felt the need to find the precise words that perfectly describe the hilarity while also trying to encompass how the other little 7th Graders at Shia Elementary would have reacted to him at the time this doozy of a photo was taken. Ready?
It's a quote. From The Simpsons. It's Nelson.
You need to have his sing-songy voice in mind.
Are you ready? OK, here goes: HA HA!




It's... VINTAGE VIDEO!
"Twist My Arm" - Kylie and Dannii Minogue
Vintage is so now. So happening. So, with that in mind, I had to share the trip back to 1986 that one of my pop-lovin' friends Colleen sent me. It's of Kylie Minogue and then-famouser sister Dannii singing The Pointer Sisters, erm, hit "Twist My Arm" live (well, technically they recorded it live in a studio beforehand and then came on stage to mime to, well, themselves) at a Young Talent Time concert. It's not only worth watching to see Kylie arrive via motorcycle, the out-of-control '80s jazz moves and Dannii rocking a half side-pony but it's also worth checking out the pre-Kath & Kim way-ocker accents at the beginning. While these days Kylie has gone all cosmopolitan (ie. icky) with her voice, I'm proud to advise that Dannii has kept her inner-bogan alive and well with a thick Aussie accent. Enjoy the video, mate...



Carolyn Stewart
I must confess in tiny type that Dannii Minogue was my style icon in the '80s and early on I loved her more than Kylie o'clock, April 15, 2009

4 comments: