Tuesday, April 28, 2009

When did Ben Stiller turn into Michael Jackson?

Eeeh-hee!

"Has anybody seen my scissorhands?!"
Um, what the HELL has happened to Ben Stiller’s head?
Has he died?
Had dodgy plastic surgery?
Can we just blame bad make-up, lighting and an ill-advised haircut dye job?
Is he playing Marilyn Manson in a new biopic?
Or have his “people” just gone crazy on the old Photo Shop?
The actor/writer/director is out and about to promote his new kiddies fillum A Night In The Museum 2: Battle Of The Smithsonian (the sequel to the similarly titled movie what I never seen), but this picture is enough to scare most right-thinking kiddies away.
Just last year, as the star of Tropic Thunder, Ben looked more like this:
All buffed guns, machine guns and crazy eyes; he could have actually passed for an actual action hero.
Now he looks like he could be the star of a new Tim Burton fillum.
Despite stories that he can be a bit of a nightmare to deal with, I really like Ben. I love my The Ben Stiller Show DVDs, I love me some Zoolander (sequel please!) and I live in hope that he will save Andy Dick’s career.
But EmoBen can move along now.

Thank You For Bea-ing A Friend The legendary Bea Arthur passed away over the weekend.
I grew up watching the sharp-tongued, deep-voiced Bea in The Golden Girls and reruns of Maude.
The trailblazing Maude, in which she played the title role, was brilliant because there was no topic it wouldn’t tackle and clever because it was never scared to lampoon the lefties it was based around if they were going too far.
The Golden Girls – in which she played the put-upon divorced school teacher Dorothy – was among so many childhood sitcom staples, but unlike Diff’rent Strokes it taught me to appreciate a double entendre – and was the first time I heard the word “slut”. It still makes me laugh today and has been discovered by young 'uns on cable and DVD (Bea herself became a bit of a net sensation in recent years - who didn't recieve the "Don't You Wish Your Girlfriend Was Hot Like Bea?" email?).
Here is one classic scene from a Golden Girls Christmas episode where Blanche makes the other girls a calendar featuring some of her gentleman callers. Because nothing is funny like old lady tramps!

Vale Bea Arthur.

No comments:

Post a Comment