Thursday, April 2, 2009

Songs That Shouldn’t Be On My iPod… But Are
I surely can’t be the only person who, on occasion, will scroll through the songs on their iPod and think, “How did that get on there and in God’s name why?”
Never having been a fan, I was mighty confused when I recently found Limp Bizkit happily hibernating between Limahl and Lindsay Lohan (actually, I should probably apologise for those too… between Lily Allen and Lionel Richie?). Anyway, as it turns out Fred Durst wasn’t the half of it…

Limp Bizkit – “Rollin’”I honestly have no idea how this got on here. It doesn’t even appear to be from a mix tape or anything. I listened to it, for research purposes, and you know what? I have forgiven them a tiny bit for being one of the most awful bands ever because this could slip into a party mix one time.

James Blunt – “You’re Beautiful”
One of the most annoying songs ever by one of the most obnoxious singers – of course it’s on my iPod! It made its way via some compilation album. I’d delete it, but what if there is a James Blunt emergency and I need it?

Beth Anderson – “Dance Dance Dance”
I didn’t even recognise this song on my playlist – but it turns out it’s from the Scarface soundtrack. The Scarface Soundtrack is packed with trash-tastic ‘80s Giorgio Moroder-produced tracks as performed by no-names (and Debbie Harry) and could not be more ill-fitting with the film itself. Many (but not this one) ended up on Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Thanks Beth!

Faith Hill – “Joy To The World”
HUH? Oh, I see. This one featured on Oprah’s free Christmas CD which came out last year, and of course it had to be downloaded. Il Divo made it on for the same reason. Oprah has a lot to answer for.

Chad Kroeger – “Hero”I famously hate Nickelback and all they stand for (which, from what I can tell, is selling irony-free bad music to stupid people), and this song made the old ‘pod when I DJed for my cousin’s birthday and he requested it. But you know, as I realised at the time, of all Chad’s god-awful songs, this is probably the best.

Mika – “Grace Kelly”
I NEVER liked this song. Argh.

Rammstein
German metalers Rammstein have three (three!) songs on my 'pod – they feature on the Lost Highway and The Matrix soundtracks. Being a completest prevents me from deleting these songs even though I always skip them. You can’t have songs missing from a soundtrack!

Whigfield – “Sexy Eyes”
My secret shame.

Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen – “I Am The Cute One”This one started as a joke song (or so we tell people) that Carolyn gave me on a mix CD, but the song – performed by the twins when they were around five years old – is so tragi-comic that it can't help but be a winner. With nasty lyrics like; “I am the cute one/everyone knows/I’ve got the profile/she’s got the nose” how could you lose?
[Watch it!]

Danny Devito’s Premium Lemincello

I can’t lie – this song got into my head and I just had to have it with me at all times. Go on – listen to it again!

Scott Keenan
I just found 10 more crazy songs on my iPod o'clock

3 comments:

  1. Rush rush, got the yeyo?
    Buzz buzz, gimme yeyo.
    Rush rush, got the yeyo?
    Uh oh.
    Yo yo, no no yeyo.
    Uh oh.

    The Scarface soundtrack makes me scratch my head.

    Sorry - I'll stop posting comments now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't stop, KEF - you're our most commenting follower. At this rate you might get an award or something...
    Also, SK, Rollin' is a really tops song.
    CS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never even knew what she was singing about in "Rush Rush" - and now I still don't!
    ("Rollin'" is good ... I said it could be in a party mix!)
    Scott

    ReplyDelete